Welcome

Welcome to my blog, where you will be able to see many of my photographs and stories from my trips and travels. If you need any information, want to see more pictures, get to know more about places I have visited or just chat with me, you can contact me by email:
PAVELEXNER@GMAIL.COM
or you can use the blog's guestbook or discussion or whatever you want to call it:
GUESTBOOK

Sunday 9 November 2008

The Slovak Republic - September 2008

Friend of mine and I planned a trip to the Slovak Republic last year but we did not manage to do it during the holiday. This year we had our holiday one month longer so we packed our backpacks and set off for 10 day trip at the beginning of September.
We spent a night on a train and early in the morning we get off at the railway station in Poprad.

Our backpacks were quite heavy and we had to climb over one thousnad meters. We started from Tatranská Lomnice, went up to Skalnaté pleso, then down to Zamkovskeho chata and continued to Tyreho chata, where we stayed overnight. We were really lucky for weather, the sun shined on all the rocks surrounding the five mountain lakes near Teryho chata, including Lomnický štít. We passed Priečné sedlo and stepped down to Zbojnická chata and further through Studena dolina to Tatranská Lesná. I remember this path only covered with snow and I was amazed how it was beautiful in summmer.







No comments: